Tenant Frequently Asked Questions

How do I register with the relevant utility companies?

Arden will notify the gas, electricity and water suppliers along with the relevant council for your council tax and they will write to you to confirm the account has been changed into your name(s). The meters would have been read at the time of your check-in and the readings are provided to the suppliers.

Can additional applicants be added during the tenancy?

Yes. They will need to pay an additional fee to be referenced, and a new agreement will be issued for all parties to sign.


Can I redecorate?

If you want to make any changes you will need written confirmation from your landlord. In the first instance you should contact Arden advising what you wish to do so we can make this request.

What should I do if I have a maintenance issue?

You should report this to one of our Property Managers, Fiona or Claire.

Get in touch

What happens if I fall into financial difficulty and can’t pay my rent?

You should always contact our Finance Manager, Kate, to discuss your options.


How much notice do I have to give to end a tenancy?

Tenants are required to give 1 month’s notice, from their payment anniversary date in writing.


If I have given notice, do I have to pay the last months’ rent?

Yes. The rent is paid in advance so the last month is still payable.

Contact us

Do I have to pay to be released early from a fixed term?

Yes, tenants are liable to pay the landlord’s relet fee, which is stated in the Tenancy Agreement, section 9. Typically this is 50% + Vat of the first months’ rent we achieve. They will also be liable for the rent up until a new tenancy commences.


How long does it take to receive my deposit once the tenancy has ended?

Legally, we have up to 14 days after the final day of your tenancy to request the deposit release or raise any disputes. Once all parties are in agreement the DPS will take 3-5 working days to process this refund.